Sunday, October 3, 2010

Floor Cushions For Kids

I found a tutorial online for this adorable cushion, so here is my version. This project is found on the blog Living With Punks, and it's the Tutorial: Land of Nod Inspired Floor Cushion.
I made it exactly as described in the tutorial, except for the way the circle was made. I don't have a compass. Before I found this project I almost bought one at the back-to-school clearance sales, but I thought, "What on earth would I need a compass for?" and didn't get one. It would have been easier, but if you don't have a compass, you can just use a ruler. Mark an x in the center of your circle and, keeping the corner of your ruler on the 'x,' make small marks (see my blue dots) about an inch apart all around your circle at the 8 1/2 inch mark. Cut it out and use it as a template for the other circle.

2 comments:

  1. You can also stick a pin in the center and tie a string to it that's the radius of your circle. Tie a pen to the other end of the string, and tada! Compass. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cushion is very detailed in the making. Really impressive!

    ReplyDelete